Monday, July 28, 2008

The Opinionated

Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance.... Hippocrates

This is not a rant, but a simple observation.

Today, I had to attend a few meetings, which had in attendance some very argumentative, dogmatic and power hungry individuals sitting in the boardroom.

I was not in a very pleasant mood, so I decided to take the "high road" and sit back and observe the sheer hypocrisy of it all. Under normal circumstances, I can be as vicious as anyone else, however, today was not one of those days. When the time was right, I gave my suggestions and let these officious, "holier than thou" individuals have the floor.

Their opinions were not feasible and it portrayed them to be stupid. The Director ended up asking them if they had given any thought to the agenda, as they were constantly going off subject. I can only presume that they wanted to impress the three Directors that were present at the meetings. I think they achieved the opposite and will be hard pressed to make a second impression of any substantive meaning.

Why do people try to make themselves more important?

Why people spurt opinions on matters that they know nothing?

Why do people, once out of University, think that they know everything?

Don't answer, they are all rhetorical questions.

UNIMPORTANT FACTOID
Not many people read this blog, hence the "unimportant" .... HAHAHA!!!
I am off to Washington DC for a few days, on a business trip. I will behave myself by not insulting the officials I am slated to meet.
By my tone, you can garner that I am not a fan of the present US Administration, but that is another story.

Peace

1 comment:

ruthibel said...

On the 'once out of university' bit, I think over-zealous is a word that can adequately describe the pack (me included sometimes if truth be told). A synonym for that is just plain young, inexperienced, chupid and ignorant. You think you know what you know with a certainty when you haven't seen enough to know anything, but (here's the kicker) you don't know that you don't know what you think you know because you haven't as yet had those experiences that challenge your supposed substantial knowledge...