Saturday, January 5, 2008

Reflections

Well, 2008 is here, and the predictions have been made, the resolutions were made (many since broken) and the pundits have had their say in what to expect during the coming year. We never hear from them when they are wrong.







I will not make any predictions or resolutions as they rarely come to fruition. I will not ask for peace, as that is a futile waste of time. What I am going to look at are some musings with cogitation and reflections.

-My adopted country become more tolerant, without demeaning its traditions.
-My adopted country pulls out of Afghanistan
-The Bush Administration in the US stop pushing their agenda down everybody's throat.
-That the world smiles when statements from politicians are uttered like "Mistakes were made"
-My birth country stop paying homage to the phrase "Nero fiddles while Rome burns"
-Countries and individuals find a way to address the serious problem of "Climate Change"

This is not a sermon, or is it intended to be an Epistle to the Masses. I do not consider myself that influencial. This blog session is not about ranting, but some reflections.

I started blogging and made it clear that I was not doing it for accolades, and that still remains. However, I will take this opportunity to express my thanks to all those who visited and/or posted comments.

To those bloggers who added my blog to their links, I am truly humbled and it is appreciated.

Peace
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

owen said...

hahahaha it turns into accolades sooner or later - you cannot resist

Morpheus Rablings said...

@owen
Am I to believe that "resistance is futile"?

LOL

Anonymous said...

keep it up
happy new year

Morpheus Rablings said...

@jammy
Thanks
A Happy New Year to you also.
Walk Good

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Morpheus. Whatever the predictions may be, I'm still wishing you a blessed year in which your biggest dreams are fulfilled. Glad to have you as a blog friend. :)

Morpheus Rablings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morpheus Rablings said...

@JD
Thanks for your kind words.
I wish you a blessed year.
Peace