Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day After His Birthday

The much touted day of December 25th has passed, and for some that is a good thing. I often wonder how many took the time to reflect on the origins of the day, or who tried to use the opportunity to do any good in this world we live.

I went to midnight mass last night, and it felt rewarding and uplifting. It was tinged with nostalgia, as I kept having memories of my childhood in St. Mary, and going to midnight masses.

In this country the Boxing Day hoopla is in full swing. The malls are packed with people buying "stuff" that they insist is "on sale". If anyone took the time to look at the prices of the item in October, they will notice that the "sale" price is not lower than it was in October. So why rush out to buy it? .... I refer to the attitude as a conditioned marketing reflex. I will not be in that crazy crowd today.

My phone has been ringing constantly. Receiving many calls from friends, family and extended family located in Jamaica. While we are wishing each other the best, they all say that they are living in fear. I have my own terms for it (living in a coffin or the culture of death), however, they all want to know when I will be arriving. They have more resilience than I can muster right now. One of my close friends, in Mandeville, has houses he wants to show me and telling me how wonderful the climate is in Manchecter. He will do anything to have me live in his adopted city and he is trying very hard, he is persuasive LOL.

To all who venture on this page, I hope you find peace.

"Comfort ye, my people; speak ye peace, thus saith our God. Comfort those who sit in darkness, mourning 'neath their sorrow's load. For the glory of the Lord now o'er earth is shed abroad; and all flesh shall see the token that His word is never broken."

Walk Good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be going to school in Canada ina few months, British Columbia. And are you a Male Or Female, you don't have much info on yourself:P, thanks for the blogroll addy by the way.

Morpheus Rablings said...

@Gordon
You are welcome