Sunday, September 2, 2007

Jamaica Elections

Quick Thought
I am NOT preaching, just putting some questions on my "blog" table. These questions have been rambling in my head all day (hmmmm ... I should have better things to do).

By this time tomorrow (September 3, 2007), Jamaica will have completed the election process.

The voters would have choosen to re-elect the existing Government OR to elect the present opposition to govern for the next 5 yrs.

The following day, the sun will rise, the world will continue to rotate, life will go on and somewhere in the world a child will be born. It is the natural order of things that WILL happen.

I did not use prophecy, numerology or phinnology (cough,,, cough) to come to that conclusion. No animals were harmed or injured in arriving at that conclusion either (lol)

Since the election was called, a lot of innocent people have lost their lives (my condolences to their families), but to what advantage or higher purpose did they die?

Was it for a noble cause or political expediency?

Did the ones who committed the killing think that by their dispicable actions, it would have a major impact on the final results?

Did they think that the world will stop and give them untenable wealth if they shot and killed someone from the opposite party?

The shooting in Mandevile of people playing dominoes, just because one was a member of the opposing party, Is that considered rational?

The existing "culture of death" that seem to exist is saddening and to some degree, falls in the realm of absurdity.

I do not think that I am being utopian. Stuff happens and bad people do exist, but to take the senseless killing of another human being as a matter of normal occurrance is insane. To kill or injure another human being, just because he/she is of a different party is abominable.

The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected. Swedish Proverb

Walk Good

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gather that most of these crimes are not politically motivated. They are every day crimes or some excuse for someone to get to someone during the season.....however the politicians have been playing it out as if it were political violence.....

Ann (MobayDP) said...

While I agree with Jamaican girl to some extent, I also know that intimidation has been the name of the game in Jamaican politics for years...at least for as long as I have been alive.

Outside of politics...I also think the mentality of some Jamaicans defies logic. I cannot understand why a man who would come to rob me also feels that he must compound his punishment by also murdering me.

Ridiculous.

Unknown said...

Totally illogical. And while this is happening, the political leaders are hugging each other.

Morpheus Rablings said...

To JG, Ann and Leon
Thanks for your input