Monday, April 20, 2009

A Little bit of Everything

I have been busy with "busy", together with some trips to T.Dot.
Now that I have returned, I noticed a huge outcry of the "Boycott of Jamaica". This is covered very well in RUTHIBELLE's blog, so I will hold my tongue, to some degree.
-are they trying to change what the Jamaican Government is thinking OR are they trying to change a Culture.?
-Jamaica is not like North America, where Special Interest Groups(SIG)can pressure Senators/Congressmen, and the state to change laws with "proposition" and the population will follow like sheep. Jamaica is more tribalized.
-are they going to "boycott" the oil from Saudia Arabia also ... That country does not tolerate the lifestyle of LGBT's, as they are publicly flogged.
The group spearheading this boycott is being hypocritical.

The ritual of what "most" home owners do in the spring, is finally catching up with me.
-raking of the lawn
-spreading fertilizer
-re-seeding spots where the varmit destroyed(this picture shows the results of their work)

-putting away the snowblower/shovels and bringing out the lawn mower.
-servicing the lawnmower
-removing all the winter protection from the shrubs
-inspecting the outside for any winter damage (or animal/racoon damage), and fixing it promptly. This includes any exterior painting.

Some good things did happen. The hibiscus (which is kept outside during the Summer and inside during the Winter) bloomed yesterday.
You can't imagine the joy I get to see that bloom as it signals that we are awake from the winter hibernation.

As I write this, my screen is flashing ..... CanJet plane hijacked in Montego Bay. I don't think Jamaica or Jamaicans needed this development.

Poor mi dead man pickey.

Walk Good

No comments: