Thursday, March 10, 2011

Making Mistakes

Hi
I read this in another blog that I came across, by sheer accident.
© Mahogony Diva/Cheatham Graphix LLC 2007 All rights reserved
I fell down the other day

Skinned my knee so bad , one of the worse scars I ever had
Thought I would neva' walk again and by the looks of that wound on my skin
thought I would neva' have the chance to dance or do the two step..
You would have thought the same lookin at the bruise that was left..
As I sat there wondering how my life would be now feeling all embarrassed cause I fell down
a cool breeze came blew all around me and then settled on my knee..
Felt like a whirlwind was twirlin ‘round on my skin..
All the sudden that scar started to mend and my leg started to bend
Straight that is..
I looked around to see if anybody was paying attention to me if anybody saw the wind that healed my knee
But nobody noticed..
Then a voice spoke and I almost choked
The voice said.. “Stand up” and the boom from the voice was so strong I felt it in my gut..
“Stand up”
So I obliged and to my surprise I was standing tall
Straighter than I did before I took that fall
All eyes were on me and there were lots of faces lookin on with glee
You see
Everybody noticed..
I realized at that moment in time
That I could rise just like an angel with wings
I could do anything..
Weren’t no need for me to be 'shamed 'cause I stumbled and took a tumble..
See
The indignity wasn’t in me fallin down
The indignity would have been
If I continued to lay there on the ground..

In her blog she states:
" Making mistakes is all part of the staircase to higher ground, and this world will surely come to an end if we all just lay and wallow in our failures. Master jumping the hurdles in your life. There is no shame in failure."
Please take the time to read her writings here

Ahh Sah
Walk Good

No comments: